You know how important diapers are if you have a toddler. Amidst a nice dinner with friends or during a long drive, you will try to avoid changing your kid’s apparel. Diapers come in handy in such times. A child uses almost 7000 diapers before learning to ask for your help. Just imagine how much time your munchkin is going to spend wearing it.
Your baby needs the best diaper to avoid health hazards.
What to Remember Before Buying?
Before buying, keep a few things in mind. These will help you in picking the right one.
- What is your budget because you have to buy a lot
- Cloth diaper or disposable ones
- Never buy starter packs to save money unless you have more than one kid
- Infants grow in size fast so think twice before stocking on diapers
- Look for the best absorption for a comfortable time
- Check linings to ensure comfort
- Diaper sizes differ with a change in brand
- Cloth diapers that provide adequate waterproof covers are reliable
The last step is to know about the different types of diapers.
Types of Diapers
Here is a list of different types of diapers and how they will help you in rearing up your kid.
- Disposable diapers are getting popular. People buy these to avoid hassles regarding cleaning. There are other benefits as well, which make people opt for disposable diapers.
- It has one absorbent pad that is placed between two non-woven pieces of fabrics
- The pad has crystal chemicals. These crystal chemicals absorb liquid and store it in gel form
- Your baby will be comfortable in these longer than cloth diapers
- Absorbency and leakage depends much on the brand
- Size number mostly depends on the baby’s weight
- There are overnight diapers, which are more absorbent
- Latest technologies can produce thinner diapers
The latest technological inclusions make things a bit easier now for parents. One such product is pull-ups.
- Pull-ups are good for potty training
- Even a slight amount of urine will trigger a response from the kid
- Your toddler will know when to inform you
- Some pull-ups turn cold to make the child aware of his or her situation
- There are also diapers specially designed for boys and girls
Cloth diapers have a significant number of takers as they are reusable. This means less wastage. People are now more aware of their ecological surroundings than before.
- These are made from absorbent fabrics
- Some popular fabric options are cotton, flannel, wool, fleece, and unbleached hemp
- Flannel has an advantage for its soft texture and the highest absorbing ability
- Organic or natural diapers are widely available due to their popularity
- Some cloth diapers come with an insert, which are washable and reusable
- Some have liners that you can throw away
- Fully washable cloth diapers incur lesser cost than the ones with inserts
- Multiple washing make some diapers usable again
- Cloth diapers often serve a wide range of toddler size
Contour diapers have either Velcro or snap to tie the two sides of the diaper around the baby’s waist.
- Contour diapers’ crotch area is narrow
- These come with better wings
- You will have to buy different sizes as your kid grows
Parents often prefer this more than unfolded ones.
- It requires just one or two folds
- It needs a waterproof pack
- You can adjust the size as per the age of your baby
- Unfolded ones are flat fabric, and you need a fastener like a pin or Velcro for better adjustment around the waist
Disposable Swim Diapers
This particular diaper type is designed as a bathing suit for babies. You can make your baby wear disposable swim diaper under a bathing suit as well.
- They are very easy to use
- It efficiently contains feces
- They do not leak
- Disposable swim diaper does not bulk in water
As Per Statistics
Disposable diapers produce 4% of the total solid waste. Its environmental concerns influence people to opt for cloth diapers. Cloth diapers cleaning services can help you out by cleaning diapers in bulk.
The options are vast. There are brands and myriad product types available for you. But it is up to you to decide which one is the most practical option for you. Check all the viable options before making a choice.