Summer is already starting with the temperature soaring up as the day passes. But, the rise in temperature will be the start of the onset of many diseases. Due to the unbearable temperature, various diseases can put your health at risk making all your summer plans go in vain. Let’s see a few common summer diseases and a few home remedies to keep summer diseases at bay.
Even though you are fit and healthy, you need to take necessary precautions to prevent and protect yourself from heat ailments which pop up during the summer months.
Common summer diseases:
1) Sunburn: Too much exposure to the sun is not a healthy option for humans and animals. Overexposure to the sun’s ultraviolet-B radiation can make the skin turning red, itchy, cracked and dry. The first-degree sunburn can affect the first layer of the skin called the epidermis and leaves the skin red coloured and painful to touch. Blisters develop on the skin if you have second-degree sunburn. Never pop the blisters heal them naturally with the following home remedies.
Home remedies to treat sunburn:
- Apply fresh aloe Vera gel to the affected areas several times a day for several days or till the sunburn gets completely cured. Order OTC products from the online medicine purchase site at a discounted price with free doorstep delivery.
- Application of coconut oil can reduce swelling and can soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Applying raw honey to the affected area can seal the moisture content of the skin and help to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Apply a good sunscreen lotion all over the body 30 minutes before heading outdoors.
2) Sore eyes: Eye infections during the summer months are very common and are on the rise. The most common eye infection noticed include conjunctivitis which causes redness of the eyes, prickly sensation, watery eyes, and yellow discharge. A few common eye infections that occur include stye, eye allergies, conjunctivitis, and dry eyes.
Home remedies to treat sore eyes:
- Placing a slice of cucumber on eyes can bring a cooling effect to the eyes, lightens the dark circles, and reduces the puffiness of the eyes.
- Administer a drop of pure castor oil in the affected eyes helps to reduce inflammation, lubricates dry eyes, and eases the symptoms of sore eyes.
- The extract of coriander leaves juice reduces soreness, itchinsess and other eye infections.
- A cold compress can also reduce the burning sensation, soreness, and other inflammation of the eyes.
3) Heatstroke: When the body is exposed to extreme temperature and accompanied by dehydration, then the condition is called heat stroke. Heatstroke normally occurs during the summer months and may become fatal if it is not properly treated. Untreated stroke can bring damage to the kidneys, brain, muscles, and the heart.
Home remedies to treat heatstroke:
- Rehydrate your body by drinking plenty of water, especially a lot during the summer days.
- Wear light-coloured, loose, and comfortable clothes
- Use an umbrella or a hat to protect yourself while heading out on sunny days
- Summer days are blessed with mangoes. Drinking raw mango juice can boot out heatstroke.
- Drinking buttermilk and coconut water may help to control your body temperature. Also, it supplies all the essential nutrients needed for the body, reduces excessive sweating, and improves skin tone to a greater extent.
Include more watery fruits and vegetables like watermelon, grapes, pineapple, lemon juice, pomegranate, banana, pears, berries, cucumber, white ash gourd, onions, tomatoes, bottle gourd etc.
When to see the doctor?
Having a heat stroke? Seek immediate medical attention. Also, shift the person to the cooler environment, rehydrate the body, remove excess clothing, and still if the patient is feeling uncomfortable, speak to the healthcare provider immediately. Your doctor may prescribe medicines to ease the symptoms. Order the medicines from any trusted online medicine site and get them delivered at your doorstep.
Other common types of summer diseases include:
- Food poisoning
- Mosquito-borne diseases like malaria, dengue,
- Acne breakout
Never miss enjoying your summer breaks! Avoiding negligence and improving your vigilance will help to relish your summer vacation without any diseases. Take proper preventive measures and safeguard yourself from the scorching heat. Add more fruits, veggies, and drink plenty of water to keep the body temperature under control.